Unfortunately summer is coming to an end but school will be starting back up and Fall is coming – and that means a lot more get-together’s and parties. That is why I wanted to share this amazing mocha punch recipe I found.
It’s not your normal kind of punch for a party – with today’s society where we all down some form of coffee and live at Starbucks, I thought this would be a big draw for most of the people I know and would be something different than serving pop (something I’ve finally started cutting out of my diet).
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup powdered chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup shaved milk chocolate (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; remove from heat and stir in chocolate drink mix, sugar, and coffee granules. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hour or overnight.
- Pour chocolate mixture in a large punch bowl about 30 minutes before serving. Scoop vanilla and chocolate ice cream into the bowl, stirring until partially melted. Garnish with dollops of whipped topping and shaved milk chocolate.