Happy October 1st! October is one of my favorite months out of the twelve because it hosts one of my favorite holidays – HALLOWEEN! But Fall in general has so many amazing parts and foods that you can’t go wrong.
This week I’ve chosen to show some Fall inspired apple treats, I love apples year round but in the Fall you can pair them with caramel and you get delicious apple cider!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 3 medium tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel topping and vanilla until smooth; fold in marshmallow creme. Cut apples vertically into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and water; toss apples in lemon juice mixture. Drain.
- Using Halloween cutters, cut out the center of each slice. Serve apple slices and cutouts with dip. Yield: 2 cups.
- 8 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
Small apple slices
2.Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the spice bag; discard. Serve cider in mugs with small apple slices, if desired. Makes 8 (about 8-ounce) servings.