It’s all about healthy, filling energy bar -type bites lately in my world. Everyone is counting calories and just trying to be healthier, and there is nothing wrong with that! I actually made my own natural energy bars with the help of one of my personal trainers. They turned out pretty good! I didn’t use a recipe because she didn’t have one at first, but she found it for me afterwards so I’m going to attempt again soon…
But this recipe seemed perfect for this time of year where it’s getting a bit chillier, life is speeding up again and everyone wants to be at their healthiest. Best thing, you don’t need to bake these!
By Cookin Canuck
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cups unroasted pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (packed) grated carrot
- 1/3 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pecans and flax seed.
- Stir in the almond butter, agave nectar and cinnamon until well combined.
- Stir in the grated carrot and raisins.
- Using 2 tablespoons (packed) of the mixture for each bite, roll the mixture into bite-sized balls. Using a medium-sized cookie scoop makes this process easier. Also, spray your hands with cooking spray to stop the mixture from sticking.
- Place the granola bites on a baking sheet, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve.
- Store the remaining granola bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Calories 101.7 / Total Fat 6.4g / Saturated Fat 0.6g / Cholesterol 0mg / Sodium 3.8mg / Total Carbohydrates 10.1g / Fiber 1.8g / Sugar 4.4g / Protein 2.3g / WW (Old Points) 2 / WW (Points+) 3